My Finding Someplace Backpack

This summer we read Finding Someplace. The main character was named Reesie. She lived during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.  She had to think quickly so that she wouldn’t drown so she grabbed a backpack and put the basics. Like a phone, important papers, and many other things. 

After reading the book I had to think about what I would bring. I would bring my phone for calling for help. A charging block and a charger so that I could charge my phone so that I could call for help. A flashlight for when it gets dark. Batteries for the flash light or other things, any wallets I can find, a hoodie for night, food (cookies, chips, granola bars,water (plastic water bottle), water filter so I can take the hurricane water and filter it out to drink, important papers (birth certificate, house papers, marriage certificate, passports) an emergency kit. That’s all I think I can fit in the backpack. I probably wouldn’t find all of that quickly but that’s what I would hope to bring. So that’s all I can fit into my backpack! 

2 thoughts on “My Finding Someplace Backpack